“What is mold?” Mold is categorized as fungi that grow as fibers and reproduce by developing mold
WE CAN HELP
SURVEY – TESTING – REMOVAL
EMERGENCY SERVICE AVAILABLE
Molds are ubiquitous, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. In large amounts they can be a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Some molds produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. “Toxic mold” refers to molds which produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and death. Prolonged exposure (for example, daily exposure) can be particularly harmful.
Symptoms of mold exposure may include: Nasal and sinus congestion; runny nose, eye irritation; itchy, red, watery eyes, respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness, cough, throat irritation, skin irritation, such as a rash, headache.
- Mold Removal – WLES offers a variety of techniques to detect and remove mold from both the interior and surfaces of walls, ceilings, carpets and floors.
- Mold Remediation – WLES designs safe customized techniques and services to repair damage caused by mold. Our experts will offer solutions to help prevent further contamination.
- Mold Removal Inspections and Estimates – Our Certified Mold Inspectors can provide free estimates for Mold Removal and Mold Remediation. Our inspectors use a variety of instruments and techniques to conclusively test for mold and moisture.
- Estimates and Proposal – You will receive via email within 24 hours, or at the appointment.
- Mold Testing and Air Sampling – A member of the American Industrial Hygienist Association (AIHA), employs several non-invasive Mold Testing methods to detect the presence and levels of Mold Spores, e.g., Penniciliam/Aspergillus, Cladosporium or Stachybotrys. Samples, surface samples, or swab tests will be sent to an accredited Laboratory for processing. Air Sampling will identify the actual Spore and its levels within the air of a particular room. Surface samples are used to identify the exact fungus or fungi that may be present. WLES can take air samples behind sheetrock, inside of Air Ducts, or in hard to get at spaces.
- A detailed report will be presented to you graphically depicting exactly what has been identified, the corresponding levels, and relevant definitions outlining the genesis of the spore and any associated health conditions. If you’re purchasing property that is suspected of having mold, Mold Testing is the most effective way to confirm its existence and develop a protocol for Mold Remediation.
- Insurance Billing – WLES will work directly with your insurance company to ensure that they cover your damage properly if applicable, you may be responsible for the deductible. WLES will help you to review your policy to determine what is covered for Mold Removal and Water Damage.
- Mold Sanitization – WLES will begin this process by sealing off the room or rooms to prevent mold from spreading, using state of the art equipment to filter the air with a Hepa filter and then carefully disinfect with Microban. In severe cases, we can help replace structures that can not be disinfected. WLES also employs the use of Dry Ice – a cryogenic technology that freezes Mold spores and allows their safe removal.
- Air Scrubbing – WLES uses HEPA Air Scrubbers to remove mold spores and other contaminants from the air. Certified Mold Remediators will create a properly sealed decontamination zone and maintain negative air pressure when required for Mold Remediation.
- Decontamination & Sanitizing – While mold and bacteria are major health concerns, WLES will help you identify these contaminants and determine the best solution to decontaminate and sanitize your home or office.
We Provide Safe Customized Remediation
Toxic Mold Removal
Once the source has been corrected you are now able begin the remediation process. The first step in a mold remediation project is to have a clear understanding on what remediation techniques need to be carried out on each particular project. A clear understanding of the protocol is vital to prevent any misunderstandings or project delays. Once all questions have been answered and a clear protocol has been established our certified crews will carry out mold remediation based on the newest ANSI/IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.
- Our Mold Removal Process
- Develop an accurate project cost estimate
- Determine a realistic completion schedule
- Initiate work immediately upon authorization
- Install controls to safeguard health and safety of occupants
- Treat affected areas with mold killing agent
- Remove and decontaminate affected items
- Seal surface to prevent further growth
- Test and monitor moisture and humidity levels
- Provide project management and expert consultation
- Coordinate with third party assessment company for clearance
Mold is Dangerous!
A mold problem can grow quickly into a serious problem, so it is important to know how to identify a problem and to have qualified specialist conduct mold remediation and mold removal. Mold spores waft through the air continually. This means that a mold-free home today may have a mold problem tomorrow under the right conditions. Molds can produce several toxic chemicals called mycrotoxins that can damage your health. These chemicals are present on the spores and small mold fragments that are released into the air and occupants then breath in the spores which damage health.